Friday, November 7, 2008

Carving Pumpkins and Halloween

I know it's been over a week since Halloween. We have just been super busy and I hadn't taken the time. I don't have any pics of the kids dressed up yet. I am horrible at remembering the camera for important things. Just like for Damien's talent show. I forgot the camera and had to run home to get it. Anyway we always carve our pumpkins the night before Halloween. Damien wanted his to be a vampire, Kaytlinn wanted heart eyes, heart nose, a bow, happy smile and eyelashes. Kylie at first wanted star eyes, triangle nose and a scarey mouth. After I got the eyes carved out she decided she wanted eyelashes also. Then she wanted a bow as well. I was able to fit the eye lashes but the bow had to go in the back. Here are some pictures of them cleaning the pumpkins and the finished product.














Earlier that same night we were on our way home from Fry's and all of a sudden Dennis slammed on the breaks, jumps out of the car and picks up this little itty bitty toad. He has done this quite often. I really have no clue how he could have seen this toad it was so small. So before we carved the pumpkins Dennis let the kids play with the toad for a while before we let it go in the green belt. Kaytlinn and Damien really enjoyed playing with the toad and Kylie was terrified by it. Actually she liked it as long as it wasn't touching her. Here are some pictures of the kids playing with the toad.








1 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

The pumpkins looked great and so did the kids! Bring the kids up here in Aug. and they can catch toads by the bucketsfull! FUN! I'm cracking up that Dennis actually stopped the car to catch the toad....too funny