About 3 weeks ago I had heard on the news that High School Musical the Ice Tour was in town. So I logged onto Ticketmaster just to look at the prices. I called Dennis jokingly and told him we could all go and sit front row for like $300+. I really didn't intend on going but when we realized that the lower level seats were only $24 each we decided to buy tickets and take the kids. Damien knew what we had planned because I asked if he wanted to go but the girls had no clue (I knew they would want to go). On that Saturday we the kids in the car and headed downtown. Kaytlinn was guessing the whole way. She just knew we were going out to eat at the Spaghetti Factory. Then she just knew we were going to a baseball game (sorry Sweets, baseball season hasn't begun yet). As we pulled up to America West Arena I knew she would figure it out since their truck was parked out side, she didn't. As we were walking around the arena Kaytlinn kept asking why they were playing High School Musical songs and why they had High School Musical stuff everywhere. Finally right before we got to our seats she guessed it. I tried to keep it a secret by telling her "maybe" but I guess I had a smile on my face and it gave it away. Kylie on the other hand still had no clue until we sat down at our seats and saw this:
(Sorry, it's dark, what can I say, I'm not good at taking pictures.)
The kids loved it. Kylie was up and dancing to most of the songs and would get excited anytime Sharpay would come out.

Kaytlinn didn't seem as excited as Kylie was but she was really focused on the skaters.



Damien was really happy because "There were hot chicks in short skirts." (Great, thanks Dennis for teaching him that. Good thing he really doesn't understand that sentence).
We all had a great time and now the kids can't wait to go to another one. What do they think we are made of money?




2 comments:
What a good surprise! It sounds like you all had a great time!
We are HSM fans too. Well, me and Olivia are fans. How fun! You guys are COOL parents.
Post a Comment